Thursday, April 10, 2008

When Will It Be Over?

I became interested in this topic because i'm reading a book that is interesting to me. The book is called Black Pain, Real Talk For When There's Nowhere To Go But Up, by Terrie M. Williams. This book talks about how people are depressed. By people telling their stories makes me wonder how do they come out of depression? how do they avoid it? I really wonder how people think what goes on in their minds for them to be depressed. By me knowing people that are depessed makes me wonder. Some of my close friends go through this stage and sometimes don't even know it. By them being depressedit makes them do some crazy things. Things that I woould'nt even consider. I feel helpless when people I no come to me and ask me for help. If I could just take them to a doctors and get them help, but most are scared. I would like to know so much about depression. The more I know about depression, the more I can help out my friends or people that come to me.

I no very little about depression, but I hear people talking about how depressed they are. Or others that have gone to doctors and stated that the doctor diagnosed them with depression but they didn't even no they were depressed. Depression can cause you to do some crazy things. I know because people I know go through it. Some tell me that when they are depressed they fget grey hairs, they start gaining weight, or not acting like there regular self. Stuff that I know about depression has all been told to me I never actually looked stuff up in the dictionary or looked it up on the computer. It's all he said she said. I would like to further my knowledge with depression.

My Essential Question is:
How does one escape depression?
Foundation Questions are:
Why are people depressed?
Is depression genetic?
What age does depression start at?
Is there medication for depression?
How does depression start?
If depression isn't fixed what could it lead to?

No comments: