Thursday, April 17, 2008

I started my research on depression with my first question What are the causes of depression? From this website I learned that depression runs in families that can be inherited. It comes generation after generation, but also can occur with no family history of depression. Depression can be caused from a death, illnes, relationships, financial problems, or a major change in life that is unexpected. Your living enviroment and how you live can cause you to become in a depressive stage. Women are twice as much as men to become depressd. A woman that is pregnant and is stressing during her pregnancy can increase her baby to be depressive when the child is an adult
(Panzarino).


There isn't just one single cause for depression. Depression may either be genetic, biochemical, enviromental, and psychological facors. In found research, this illness is a disorder of the brain. In MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) test, people that are diagnosed with depression have brain scans different from people who are not depressed. The brain is esponsibe for moods, the way you think, when your sleeping, your appetite and your behavior. Neurotransmitter, which chemicals that the brain cells use to communicate, appear to be out of balance. Images found can not reveal why depression is caused.
Different types of depression can run in families that have had a history of depression. It also can happen to people without family history of depression. Researchers have indicated that depression

_____________________________________________
Panzarino, Peter. "Depression." MedicineNet.com 04 30 2007 17 04 2008 .


What Causes Depression?." National Institute Of Mental Health 18/04/2008 .

2 comments:

Crystalyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystalyn said...

I to believe that depression runs in the families. Depression in my family went from my great grandma to my grandma to my mom but not me because Im as happy as SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!