Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reflection On Depression

When the word depression comes to me I automatically think what is going to happen next in your life. Depression is something that needs to be taking care of. Nobody should have to deal with this. Everyone lives are not perfect but when something happens or goes wrong it needs to be fixed somehow.


What I learned from depression is that anyone can have depression. That depression is something that is painful to go through. Depression doesn't just come and go, it comes and stays for awhile. Medications are available for depression but most don't know that there is medications out there. The only way you will know is if you ask. Sometimes by even asking you may not know. A lot of people won't tell you that they are depressed. When you be around people and they act different then their usual self, you may want to consider talking and asking them questions. When people are depressed it is good to talk to them and let them get their feelings out. By showing depressed people that you care they will feel better about themselves. Things that I wanted to know I learned about. I learned why people become depressed. They don't feel good about themselves or they just have to much on there mind. Every second of the day they are busy no time to themselves to just sit and relax. Depression is genetic. If people in your family were diagnosed with depression you might be next inline to be diagnosed. Depression can happen at any age more common in people between the ages of 18-29, these people are at greater risk than older people over the age of 60.


I had great success on my research project. All of my research questions were answered. They were answered with answers that I wouldn't even think about. "How does one Escape Depression ?" was my question. My question was answered. Some may think they know everything about depression but do they really? By me taking the time to research the information, I found a lot on depression. When a person with depression comes to me and says "I am depressed" or "I think I'm depressed," I'm going to help them out. Being depressed is no joke. People that are depressed need help. You can't just blow people off who are depressed. Blowing them off is probably the worse thing you could for a depressed person. Now I am aware of symptoms and what people are thinking about. So if I see the symptoms occur I know not to avoid a person but to make them feel good about themselves.


After reading about depression and gathering information about depression I have learned quit a lot. Things I should be aware about, I now know what they are. Depression may seem like a boring topic but when you do a lot of research and you know people that go through this, you start to become curious. You ask yourself the unthinkable. If you can put yourself in someones shoes who is depressed wouldn't you want help? Even some medication? Or maybe just someone to talk to? So think about it what would you want?

No comments: