Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fashion and Teens - Week Four

I am now in my in my fourth and final week of researching and I went back to the internet to get some research that I believe helped me answer my essential question "Should fashion play such am important role in teens life". While doing my research I came across this article and it was written by a women name Susan Antonelli. She talks from an mother and grandmother point of view about fashion and how much teens spend on it this is what attracted me to her article.

Susan Antonelli talks about the high fashion she sees when she picks her granddaughters up from school. She say she see teenagers with Louis
Vuitton, Coach, and Fendi bags. Susan also goes on and talks about how her granddaughters wear North Face jackets, Uggs boots, and Hollister shirts or skirt. Susan feels that most of her granddaughters outfits cost more than hers. Another brand she talks about is Abercrombie & Fitch, she states "Abercrombie & Fitch is very important. The shirts have to have the Moose on the chest. If you've ventured into Abercrombie stores you are familiar with the outrageous prices. A simple little shirt can run you $40.00. Shopping for my grand daughters is crazy expensive I've always been frugal and very practical so although I will pick up a gift certificate from stores they shop at for the girls for Birthdays or Christmas I personally would never just put together a wardrobe for them there."


Antonelli, Susan. "Keeping Up with the Teens: Fashion Issues." Associated Content 12 Nov. 2007 21 May 2008 .

No comments: