Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Is It better to be a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner?

There was an interview I did on a GYN/OB doctor at the womens health department at Childrens Hopitial a week a go. I asked her some basic questions then I asked her the real questions I wanted to know in order for me and the other people out there to suceed as she once did. Questins like...

Crystalyn: How long have you been a doctor?

Doctor Schillen: Almost 6 years in September.

Crystalyn: Do you like your job?

Doctor Schillen: I like my job but hate it at times.

Crystalyn: Why do you hate your job at times?

Doctor Schillen: Because it interfear in my everyday life at times. I dont like to really take vacations because I be to peranoed that one of my patients will have there babies and I wont there for them like Im suppose.

Crystalyn: Do you love your patients?

Doctor Schillen: Sometimes the patients are nice and like to open up to you but then some and ignorant and dont even want to show up for appointents and dont care about themselves or there babies at all.

Crystalyn: What are your salaries looking like a year?

Doctor Schillen: I've been a Doctor for d*** there 6 years and im doing great making 200,000 a year.

Crystalyn: Is it better to be a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner?

Doctor Schillen: Normal life wise a NP but a life like mine with no kids and no husband a DOCTOR.

Personal interview with Doctor Karren Schillen 5/6/08

1 comment:

Ayanna B. said...

Your post is interesting to me because it shows the life and the feeling of the doctor you interviewed.