Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Little Soldier By: Bernard Ashley

Kaninda Evolves
Pg: 168-226

The main character Kaninda made a choice that had moral implications make as when he tries to make a new beginning in East London but then he realize it is almost as violent as the life he has left behind. Kaninda realize that this gang war is petty warfare, he knows it is nothing like the real thing. Kaninda finally gets the help he needs. But ironically it comes from his sworn enemy, the Yusulu boy refugee helps him to see that revenge will not bring back his dead parents and sister, and that in tribal conflict all sides are losers. Being in Kaninda's shoe's I don't believe that I would of have been able to forgive the Yusulu refugee and let him show me that revenge wouldn't bring back his parents and sister. Because my family means the world to me and I wouldn't be able to let anyone get away with the murder of my family. Would you have had forgave the Yusulu refugee for what his tribe did to your family or would you have saw where the Yusulu refugee was coming from?

No comments: