Thursday, December 6, 2007

My book was written by Coonnie Porter as a novel called All- Bright Court. The book is about a young black man trying to find him self who actually live near Buffalo,New York. But in a colorfully painted but crumbling housing project near Buffalo, steel mill. This novel is full of wisdom,grace and poetry. In this novel it had alot of diffirent characters such as Sam, Mary Kate and Mikey. My favorite character was Sam because he didnt just remind me of myself but others that I see or be around that I understand as a person. What my grandmother use to always say about me was she's not stupid, selfish or bad but she's just mis-understood and thats the same way I feel about Sam.
When you read a book do the character seem real and believable? Are you able to relate all their predicaments? And do they ever start to remind you of yourself? My answer is yes i feel their is actually a real and believable person because I be so into the story or book that I feel that the whole book is real. The charater Sam diffinently reminds me of myself because I feel I can relate to him such as children life responsibilities and even family.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Crystalyn, avoid using verbage from the back of the book. It's very obvious. I want to solely hear what you have to say.

Thanks for the personal story about your grandmom. Misunderstood, huh. Okay, lol. In what ways is Sam misunderstood?